Serving Northwest Oklahoma since 1895                Insurance ~ Real Estate


Flooding is not covered by your Homeowners Policy!

Flooding happens everywhere, and during all seasons.  Almost every week we see images on the nightly news of communities and geographic areas that have experienced severe flooding.

If you have a homeowners policy, you can be sure of one thing:  it does NOT cover damages caused by floods!  For protection from this peril you must purchase a separate flood insurance policy.  Flood coverage is offered by the federal government through its National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP); it's available via insurance agencies, including Figley-Salz. 

For those of you who obtained a mortgage for a property located in a flood zone, you already know your lender requires you to buy flood insurance.  If you own your home outright, or did not have to purchase flood insurance when you obtained your mortgage, and you wish to see how much at risk your home is for flooding, please go here:

Damage from floods can be catastrophic, but if all you have is a homeowners policy you have no protection from this peril.  Even if you don't live in a flood plain, please understand that ALL lands are susceptible to flooding; all it takes is too much rain falling on already-saturated ground.  For true peace of mind, give us a call today!

*NOTE*:  When buying a flood policy, please be advised coverage will not begin until 30 days following purchase. 


Add a Comment

(Enter the numbers shown in the above image)